Heres a few pointers and a checklist which may help you to decide if the receiver or the dish is at fault
(3) ALSO: IF the scart or HDMI cable is loose or broken OR if the socket in the TV is faulty, you may lose sound or picture or both. Check by replacing the cable , using a different input socket OR borrow one that IS working
for example – if you have Sky, plug the Sky cable into your receiver and see if that works.
(4) If it has moved then get the dish realigned
Also follow the cable all the way to the box, is it damaged , cut , or cracked letting rain water in?
Check the F plug at the receiver end for loose fitting or braid shorting out the centre copper wire.
(7) If the list of channels is displaying ok, try all channels, are ANY channels working? Even if it is not your usual channels
(7) Have you accidentally selected the wrong GROUP of channels. Press the FAV (favourite key) and select your usual channel group
If there a NO channels working and
(8) It may be that the box has missed its monthly update signal for your card. The activation signal may need to be re-sent – contact your card supplier
(9) If your Box is
- Fransat, TNT,
- Sky UK,
- Sky Germany,
- Sky Italia,
- Canal+ Spain
- Canal+ France
- Canal+ Norway
Then try to reset your box –
(9) – the FACTORY RESET is usually in the system menu, but with Sky it may be a combination of multiple key presses on the box itself.
(9) If it is a FTA (free to air) box, be aware that a factory reset usually loses all the channels favourite lists and box settings , so unless you have a backup or know all these settings, be careful ! IF in doubt please contact me directly for specific advice
(9) FTA boxes made by Amiko, Technomate, Technisat, Mutant and many more ( generally any that have a USB socket ) will have some method of making a backup file